10 Skills of CrossFit
There are ten recognized general physical skills. They are cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, ﬂexibility, power, coordination, agility, speed, balance, and accuracy. You are as ﬁt as you are competent in each of these ten skills. A regimen develops ﬁtness to the extent that it improves each of these ten skills. – Courtesy of CrossFit, Inc.
GENERAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
If your goal is optimum physical competence then all the general physical skills must be considered:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Why CrossFit Works?
CrossFit is the fastest growing workout in the fitness industry. CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program based on constantly varied functional movements executed at a high intensity. It combines core conditioning, Olympic Lifting, cardio and body weight exercises. Whether your goal is to lose weight or build muscle we can help you define and achieve your goals. CrossFit is used on the National Television show The Biggest Loser. Bob Harper who is now a household name is utilizing the effectiveness of CrossFit with the shows participants. He recently became CrossFit Level 1 certified. We are excited to welcome Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser and Reebok to the CrossFit Family.
The workouts are short, intense and ever changing.
You won’t get bored and you will be challenged. Our goal here at South Coast CrossFit is more results in less time.
Anyone can do it, regardless of your fitness level.
While everyone does the same workout, our certified trainers scale the load and intensity so first-timers can do the same workout as experienced CrossFitters. We encourage all people from young to elderly to join CrossFit to achieve the benefits of this amazing fitness program.
More personal attention.
We limit our class size to focus on you and your results. Think small group personal training, not overcrowded fitness classes. No waiting in lines for machines anymore! We warm-up together, review skills that our featured in the daily Workout, and 3-2-1 Go the group class does the WOD together. Those that finish first encourage the other athletes to finish strong. We have a very encouraging, healthy, and positive environment provided so we all can work hard and feel comfortable getting better at “The Sport of Fitness.”